Since the New Entrepreneurs Foundation was founded in 2010, our community of entrepreneurs has gone from strength to strength. You can read about some of our key achievements below, along with some of our press articles.
If you would like to hear more about the impact NEF has made, or how you can partner with and support the programme, you can reach out to us on our contact page here.
- Our first cohort of 29 NEF Fellows (‘NEFers’) graduated in summer 2012. Our most recent cohort graduated in June 2016 and we have just recruited our largest cohort of 49 aspiring entrepreneurs to train and develop in 2016.17.
- We now have 155 Alumni who grow in size and experience each year. They help support our programme through offering their skills and expertise to the current cohort.
- Our learning and development programme is a key part of the NEF experience. We have partnered with over 20 premium learning providers in the UK including UCL, London Business School, Cass Business School, McKinsey, and PwC to run intensive workshops. We also work with specialist learning providers in all areas of enterprise learning.
- Each year work with over 100 high growth start-ups where our entrepreneurs have paid work placement with across the duration of the programme. They develop their skills working alongside established entrepreneurs as they build and develop their businesses.
- The Prime Minister hosted a reception for us at Downing Street in July 2012 and we met Sir Richard Branson and dozens of other successful entrepreneurs who generously gave their time to the class and shared their knowledge and experiences.
- Our monthly speaker events are now a regular fixture in the entrepreneurial calendar. Each year we have many business leaders and inspirational entrepreneurs speak at our events. As of 2016 we have hosted over 100 events and the annual turnout now exceeds 1000 attendees.
- We have over 40 successful entrepreneurs, investors and established business people working with us as mentors and over 45 fully qualified executive coaches providing expert support to the NEFers.
- The current cohort and alumni have launched a number exciting and innovative startups with 62 currently live. These ventures have created over 650 job and raised nearly £11m in early stage funding.
- We have also been featured in a number of national media outlets: The Guardian, The Financial Times, The Mail on Sunday, City AM, The Telegraph to mention a few. You can see our press page for full information here.