The New Entrepreneurs Foundation (NEF) was co-founded by Oliver Pawle, Lord Davies of Abersoch CBE, Sir Nigel Rudd DL and Dee Stirling in December 2010. The NEF was established to create a new generation of outstanding entrepreneurs who will build market-leading businesses and play a key role in driving Britain’s future prosperity.
Our vision is to transform UK business by developing the entrepreneurial leaders of the future.
Our mission is to build an active community of young entrepreneurs with the skills, knowledge and vision to start, build and lead businesses.
What we do
We do this by running a change-making programme that combines real- life business experience in fast growing SMEs with intensive training, business mentoring and coaching; connecting businesses and entrepreneurial talent through our work placement scheme, events programme and alumni network; developing awareness and interest in entrepreneurship among schools through our outreach programme.
Each year we select around 30 young, aspiring entrepreneurs who take part in our 12-month programme which consists of five main components:
- A Paid Work Placement in an exciting, innovative, high growth company working alongside a successful entrepreneur and/or their senior management team, experiencing at close quarters how to run a successful company.
- An Intensive, Immersive and Interactive 10-month Fast-Track Programme with workshops from specialist learning providers and business schools such as London Business School and UCL.
- Monthly Speaker & Networking Events featuring established business leaders and inspirational entrepreneurs such as Brent Hoberman (co-founder lastminute.com), Sir Charles Dunstone (co-founder The Carphone Warehouse), Sherry Coutu (Angel investor and CEO), Joe Cohen (founder Seatwave), Lord Young of Graffham (enterprise advisor to the Prime Minister), to name a few.
- An Executive Coach for each of our New Entrepreneurs.
- A Business Mentor from our specially selected panel to guide through career path.